Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hello, My name is Joan Malley (Introduction)

Hi, my name is Joan and this is my first official blog. It took a little while but I think I figured this out.

Blogging has significantly impacted the print journalism industry. Blogging at this point in its beginning stages is more of a thorn in the side for actual journalists. Bloggers are just random people with random opinions with little substance or evidence to support claims.

Do these people who spend all their time blogging have jobs or recreational hobbies of any sort?
They spend too much time shooting off opinions like the Monday morning quarterback.
I respect journalism and will continue to read from the educated and honorable people that I trust.
I'm not saying that people should be sensored or made to be quiet. It's fine if thousands of people want to chat and blab on and on. I just am too busy in my life to listen to thousands of random strangers opinions. I want to be informed and educated from reliable trustworthy individuals with sound backgrounds and experience.

1 comment:

kristen said...

I do agree with you that blogging has significantly impacted the print journalism industry, however I don't think it is really a bad thing for journalists. I think that blogging will further journalists getting their stories out and points across.