Saturday, September 29, 2007

Media & Society Module 1 on Blogging vs Journalism

I guess I jumped to the wrong conclusion in my original thesis statement. My initial response to blogging credibility, was to say it did not serve a credible purpose or do much in the way of complementing actual journalism.

After researching several blog sights, I began to see the importance and relevance of blog sites in our modern society. I read several articles from students and college professors. I was impressed with the level of integrity and professionalism.

I guess, as an amateur blogger I will learn a great deal from many unbiased sources and also gain a different insight into main stream issues.

The following is a list of the sites that I researched:
http://thefireside.wordpress.com/
Chip on the shoulder by Chip Scanlon
Press Think by Jay Rosen
Global Neighbourhoods Blogs As Journalism by Shel Isreal

2 comments:

Ohg Rea Tone said...

Hey,
I write for thefireside blog. I enjoyed your site and feel you are an open minded person. I have the same struggle. I am beginning to think of a new wave of journalism - Unlike journalistic reporting - it journalistic editorializing - commentary - sometimes humorous like Jon Stewart, sometimes serious like Chris Mathews. Anyway - I went to college when I was forty two - so good luck

RyanMcCarney said...

Hello,
My name is Ryan McCarney. I had the same first impression of blogging. After doing the research you really realize that if utilized correctly, blogging can be very sufficient. Keep up the good work. Thank you