Sunday, October 7, 2007

Media & Society Module 2

I don't know how to link certain sites to my blog yet. I have done the assignment and researched several sites.

I read Jen Weiner's article. This was an actual interview conducted by Maria Schneider. The article asked Weiner a series of questions, some of which asked the effectiveness of blogging.
Weiner responded that blogging her readers between publications of her books keeps her connected with her audience.

The first site was called Young Entrepreneur.com Blog Entrepreneur Profile- Fraser Doherty.

This article wrote about a young teenager named Fraser Doherty, a student at Strathclyde University, who has had great success selling jams on line and uses his blog to promote his business. He has actually become a millionaire.

After reading about Young Entrepreneur I googled "Do Blogs work for small business?" My results were as follows:

Web Marketing for small business popped up. This was a series of examples of success stories and some guidance to small business owners. It encouraged entrepreneurs to be patient and wait for the reward after initial investment. The article also gave an example of how blogging can truly benefit businesses through word of mouth and communication with in the blogging community.

Finally, I researched small business. The Small Business Trends popped up. There were half a dozen articles promoting conventions around the country, business advice columns, articles from successful business people promoting the benefits of social media to promote one's business.

Other options entrepreneurs could use to promote themselves could include mass mailings from all of the blog sites. Traditionally, entrepreneurs would advertise locally. Blogging allows business to go global.

Blogging can help promote small business through many avenues. One thing the blogging community does is advertise educational seminars, group conferences, tips on money handling encouragement, advice and can get business owners of similar backgrounds in the same forum.

I think this is a fantastic way for small businesses to go global. The community of bloggers is beyond extensive. If I was to go into business for myself, I would take advantage of all possible promotional outlets, especially blogging and the internet.

My research on blogging continues to support my new opinion on blogging. It is a vital component to our society, communication and e-commerce.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

You have great sources. To link, just click on the chain when you post a new blog, or usually if you just copy and paste the url into your blog post it will link it. I enjoyed reading your post.